Title: RND - Research and Development - Plastics Process Controls Engineer - Cincinnati, OH
Job Number: RND00002445
iMFLUX, Inc aspires to be a technology and innovation leader in plastics processing. The iMFLUX team brings 150 years of relevant, global industry experience and a highly agile, innovative company working to transform the industry by delivering new to the world technology, software, and process engineering delivered as an end to end solution with outstanding customer service. iMFLUX is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Procter & Gamble.
Reporting to the Director of Field Service and Integrations, this candidate should possess deep technical mastery of process controls; expert understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics and electronic instrumentation; demonstrated hands on skills a must; troubleshooting in an injection molding environment a plus; demonstrated ability to learn and improve existing processes; multi-tasking ability; good communication and teaching skills; experience and comfort leading a startup environment, the ability to be collaborative, fact-based and objective.
The Plastics Process Controls Engineer is responsible for end to end high performance analog controls solutions for injection molding machines. This role will lead multiple projects from integration and construction engineering to installation and start up and commissioning of controls systems on multiple machine platforms at multiple locations. The role will provide continued on site ongoing support for systems installed and act as a trainer to new customers in both the controls systems and operational methods.
* Develop control system mastery of this technology to include fast analog closed loop controls, signal processing and sensor packages
* Lead and create detailed construction engineering packages for multiple injection molding machines (IMM) integrating a bolt on closed loop control system.
* Lead the installation field teams to install control system on new and existing IMM
* Design and execute factory acceptance test plans for new systems to prove design readiness for application.
* Provide comprehensive experiential training for the control system design and cost effective operation.
* Provide expert level support for installed systems to troubleshoot and improve quality of produced parts.
* Support ongoing development of the control system based on field experience.
To learn more about this career path,click here.
* High School Diploma Required
* An Associate's, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical engineering or related degree preferred
* 8 years experience in process controls engineering or maintenance
* 5 years hands on troubleshooting in manufacturing environment
* Experience producing engineering packages to lead trade level labor thru system installation and startup
* Previous experience with IMM of multiple brands is desired
* Experience delivering complex results with minimal technical supervision
* Previous experience in technical training of others desired
* Previous experience as field engineer in injection molding is desired
* Travel is required
Procter & Gamble is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No immigration sponsorship is available for this position. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency except in some areas that in Procter & Gamble's sole discretion require highly specialized backgrounds.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Job: Research & Development