Procter & Gamble Software Development Engineer, Network Automation and Tools in San José, Costa Rica
**Procter & Gamble is seeking a highly skilled Software Development Engineer who can help identify and drive innovative and transformational solutions that deliver “automation at scale” solutions for our expansive global network. You will be a member of team working with the brightest engineers, focusing on tools and automation solutions that promote network stability and sustainability via automation of standards compliance, agile provisioning, operations while leveraging AI/Machine learning to deliver preemptive insights; accelerating Procter and Gamble’s ability to innovate and “Win in the Marketplace”.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience of supporting large scale, enterprise class networks. Interested candidates should be motivated by advanced technologies, be a catalyst for change, and have vision for identifying and aligning software and infrastructure solutions to help support business opportunities.
Qualified Candidates should have 10 years of software development and tool automation experience, working across wide range of platforms and network technologies. The candidates must also exhibit strong professional skills including collaboration, self-motivated, adaptable and dependable. This is a full time position basedin: San Jose.
- Lead development and delivery of Software Defined Networking (SDN/SDX), Automation Scripts, and Orchestration tool capabilities across the global P&G enterprise network environment
- Leverage API capabilities, minimizing dependencies on CLI, driving the use of network functions virtualization / virtualized network functions capabilities
- Key contributor in the definition and creation of new tools and automation capabilities, driving software defined capabilities that improve outcomes, minimizing risk, and promote agility.
- Automation experience with network connectivity provisioning and monitoring for cloud services such as Amazon and Azure is very desirable
- Knowledge of ServiceNow ITSM and integration solutions for external applications and systems
- Lead lifecycle management process to ensure clearly defined roadmaps for new software / automation solutions ensuring seamless transformation and adoption
- Define and document technical requirements for new capabilities, working with key suppliers to solution, develop and lab certify ensuring compliance with all functional, operational and business objectives. Develop proposals and communicate outcomes that address business value/risk and gain stakeholder approval.
- Collaborate closely with peer IT organizations helping to influence, guide and direct technical outcomes; ensuring mutual strategy alignment.
- Highest escalation point for critical and/or chronic incidents for automation and tools, providing subject matter leadership to Operations, helping to restore service.
- Provide training and technical leadership to all key stakeholder organizations ensuring successful knowledge transfer, and the ability to be self-sufficient in support of their primary roles.
- Development experience with application/service mapping between endpoints, load balancers, routers, and firewalls, leveraging DNS services and IPAM systems via native APIs
- Development experience with security and configuration compliance across all network devices (routers/switches/firewalls/loadbalancers) by developing automated systems to ensure compliance
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in in support of business critical programs
- Must be able to work independently to gather requirements and translate those into solutions
- Competent in using Microsoft Office suite for effective collaboration and communications
- Strong analytical skills, able to leverage complex data to identify opportunities, recognize problems, and draw logical conclusions.
- Ability to produce and present technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Good temperament, ability to manage stressful situations. Ability to provide customer-facing support in a professional manner.
- Team work; establish and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships with those contacted during the course of the work day.
- The ability to work off hours during the evenings and weekends as required with notice. May participate in on-call rotation.
Technical Competencies and Experience*
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical/IT field, OR in lieu of a college at least 10 year relevant experience.
Job: Information Technology
Title: Software Development Engineer, Network Automation and Tools
Location: CR-San José-San José
Requisition ID: IT 00001067