Procter & Gamble Purchasing Manager in Singapore, Singapore
P&G serves consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Fairy®, Febreze®, Gain®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Lenor®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, and Whisper®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and information about P&G and its brands.
Procter & Gamble Purchases is part of the Product Supply function and has the unique responsibility for developing and executing the sourcing strategies for the Company's multi-billion dollar goods and services purchases needed to produce world class consumer products. As a Purchases professional, your goal is to link the most appropriate supplier capabilities with our business needs and contribute to delivering the best shareholder return. Your everyday work will consist of using a vast array of technical, analytical, and commercial skills to:
- Analyze markets
- Spot and exploit emerging trends and technologies
- Uncover business-building ideas and cost-saving opportunities
- Strike deals through negotiation or lead competitive bidding
- Build effective working relationships with suppliers, and
Create and capitalize on new methodologies such as e-marketplaces.
Purchases people are P&G's lifeline to the world of suppliers, translating the needs of our business in a way that enables, encourages, and invites our supply base to partner with us in providing products and services of superior quality and value that improve the lives of the world's consumers. As part of the Purchases team, your early assignments may find you:
Participating as a critical member of a cross-functional team in one of our Global Business Units or Spend Pool organizations to deliver a new product or technology to market, and creating sourcing strategies to improve the value, availability and technology of raw and pack materials that support our existing and future product lines;
- Evaluating our current approaches and proposing improvements to help our Global Business Services organizations deliver improved customer service and value to P&G employees around the world;
- Partnering with Brand and Sales resources in our Sales & Marketing Organizations to improve our efficiency and effectiveness at reaching P&G customers and consumers with the products and messages that enable us to win on the store shelf;
- Working hand in hand with Engineering to source equipments and build new sites, to support P&G’s productivity improvements and business expansion. Partnering with Physical Distribution to manage the Transportation & Warehousing of our products with a cost effective and agile supply network,
- Driving P&G’s sustainability program by sourcing renewable energy and driving energy conservation; continuously improving P&G’s environmental footprint by finding a second life for our finished products remnants and developing alternate use for our production waste
Working with internal P&G partners and with the management of supplier companies to develop and execute commercial and technical agreements that will best meet our business needs, identify and interpret new and emerging requirements that will affect future sourcing strategies, drive cost savings projects to support our annual profit targets, and encourage supplier resourcing of P&G initiatives and projects.
We do all this and more since we strategically source at all ends of the consumer product supply chain. The demand for Purchases expertise has never been higher, and the excitement and opportunities at Procter & Gamble are boundless! We are looking for people with the intellectual capacity, creative intelligence and strategic insight to join our team.
Salary will commensurate with experience.
To qualify for this role, you must possess the following qualities:
- Strong academic credentials - Technical or Management Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering, Operations, Materials, Systems, , Applied Mathematics/Statistics, or Information Technology/Computer Science are preferred.
- At least 0-4 year of relevant work experience
- Demonstration of analytical and problem solving skills, interpersonal and team skills, and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated strong leadership capabilities and ability to work effectively in a diverse environment
- Strong interest in the commercial and customer aspects of business.
- Proficiency in Japanese language as the role requires managing suppliers in Japan Market
Job: Logistics/Supply Network Operations
Title: Purchasing Manager
Requisition ID: SNO00002476