Procter & Gamble Supermarket Service Leader – Procter & Gamble Professional in Syracuse, New York
Procter & Gamble Professional (PGP) is a growing and highly entrepreneurial business, focused on improving the lives of our consumers away from home. Our propositions include branded products, equipment, service and technical support systems. The Technical Services Organization (TSO) is charged with program installation, maintenance, technical support and training. Our desired end-state is completely satisfied customers that lead to product & program compliance, long-term retention, and provide a virtuous business and organization growth cycle.
The Supermarket Service Leader (WSL) role is a full-time role to provide incremental procedure-based training and technical support, build and maintain store-level supermarket and P&G relationship, and calibrate technicians touching supermarket stores (via Quality Assessment) to increase overall effectiveness and customer service. Each WSL will own a set of supermarket stores in the region. The WSL will conduct monthly training (targeting two hours) on a fixed schedule in each of these stores. Early on, WSL will work with store Food Safety Coordinators (FSCs) to develop the fixed schedule and fine-tune a menu of training topics. The schedule will accommodate both day time and night time supermarket staff. For example, the training time could alternate every other month. WSL will also train on procedure-based ad-hoc topics with prior alignment. WSL are not responsible for breaking down supermarket equipment during training sessions. This function belongs to store personnel. Training will be captured on Training Work Order. WSL will also execute some reactive dish machine services and installation.
This role is in select geographic areas based on business need, reports to assigned NSO Team Leader. Some on-call weekend and off-hours work is required. The ideal candidate would have a background in training people. The work must be done in a way that supports year to year volume and profit results, improve customer retention, and delivers superior customer service and team building results.
_ROLE EXPECTATIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES_ __ _Capability and Skill Requirements_
- Coaching and teaching capabilities.
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills
- Ability to establish and cultivate key customer relationships
- Proficient in problem solving and crisis management so that we conclude to win / win outcomes
- Provide timely and accurate delivery of external customer service requirements & commitments so that business growth and long-term retention / program compliance objectives are consistently delivered or exceeded
- Demonstrated knowledge of pertinent PGP chemical program products, key features and benefits and how to properly use
- Obtain and maintain NRA ServSafe certification and potentially NEHA CP-FS certifications.
- Will lean forward with Mechanical Ware Wash programs. Ideally with electronics and plumbing background, and commercial mechanical warewash equipment and chemical dispensing pumps expertise. This also includes proficiency and ability to read schematic drawings.
- Strong understanding of equipment and all components. Demonstrated strong knowledge of installation processes, systems, and products. Has grades of B or better on QAs of PMs and Installs.
- Proficient in PGP tablet technology to include but not limited to pgpro.com, PGP InTouch web site, STAR, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and mechanical warewash program controllers
_Interfaces_ 1. Interfaces with external, end-using customers as defined by the business and internal organization 2. Reports directly to assigned NSO Team Leader 3. Works collaboratively with NA TSO peers, and technical support teams both TSO/ R&D _ *This role must be executed in a way that…_* 4. Demonstrates a high sense of urgency and quality; demonstrates external customer-centric behavior 5. Exemplifies team-work across organizations (internal and external) and functional boundaries 6. Drives focus on total kitchen system improvement 7. Demonstrates leadership that adds value and a command of both Business and Customer needs
_Standard Measures_ 1. Deliver work plan within established cost/service parameters and specific customer program objectives 2. Deliver work on time and to specifications (e.g. trainings done on time) 3. Operate within assigned budget 4. External customer retention, customer satisfaction, and overall program compliance at or above target 5. Observed customer facing skills and demonstrated capability that is consistent with role expectations / responsibilities 6. Observed training skills consistent with role expectations 7. Observed internal TSO and COE team follow-up and clear communication on what’s working / not working in the areas of noted equipment support and mechanical warewash service and training. Offer ways to improve overall productivity and system efficiency.*_Other_*
8. Full-time role 9. Work from home office 10. Work can be required outside of normal work hours (such as nights and weekends)
*Other Requirements* * Candidate must live in specified city * On-call coverage will include occasional weekends, holidays and night shifts
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Title: Supermarket Service Leader – Procter & Gamble Professional
Location: New York-Syracuse
Requisition ID: SLS00002471